Sunday, January 3, 2016

Father-Son Quick and Easy Beanie


Each year I make a matching hat set for my boys. This year's hat is a very simple hat that uses three strands of worsted weight yarn - 2 strands Red Heart with Love in Black and 1 strand Lion Brand Heartland in Mount Rainier.  Both hats worked up in one evening.

I know. Black and gray. Not very colorful. With three strands, the sky is the limit on color combinations. But, I had to defer to my hubby's wishes. (Originally, there was green in there, but he vetoed that color combination.)

Ultimately, I love the end result, and my boys love their new hats!

You can get the FREE pattern on Ravelry. Be sure to give it some LOVE and SHARE your project pics!





p.s. This one’s not just for the boys.  This is me in my version. I used RH With Love in Black, and two stash ww yarns with no labels.  One was a dark heather gray and the other a magenta/fuschia yarn that had a variegated blue/green/purple strand running through it.  I wish I knew what it was because I love it!  Oh, and I swear my daughter enjoyed the hike; she’s just two seconds shy of falling asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment